Thursday, August 13, 2009

blogging for bliss, typepad, and peach pie


My Mom bought Tara Freys new book "Blogging for Bliss". As I read about blissful blogging, and blissful bloggers, I started to think about why I blog. I (mostly) started this blog so that I had a place to share my budding love for photography. As my readership grew, blogging became a wonderful way to "visit" with new friends. I discovered new blogs, and new people. Blogging was fun! I loved reading the encouraging comments you left about my pictures. I loved it when someone new would leave a comment! Then summer came, and I was less focused on blogging. It became somewhat of a chore, even though I still loved it. Then I came across this new book, all about blogging for Bliss.

After much thought, I have decided to switch blog hosts'. Typepad will be my new home! I am working on the layout/design right now, so I will post a link when it's looking better. I am super excited; I just love the look of most Typepad blogs. They are so clean and fresh! While you're waiting... how 'bout some Peach Pie?

That's what I thought.

French Peach Pie

adapted from Betty Crocker's Cookbook

one round of pie crust (box works just fine)

1 cup sugar

1/4 cup flour

1/4 mounding teaspoon cinnamon

5 cups sliced fresh peaches

1 tablespoon lemon juice

for french crust

1/2 cup flour

1/4 cup firm butter

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

Mix crust ingredients with pastry cutter. Set aside.

Mix sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Mix in peaches and lemon juice. Turn into pastry lined pie plate. Sprinkle crumb crust on top.

Bake at 425 degrees for about 35 minutes, or until it bubbles in the middle.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Serena said...

I love the look of Typepad blogs, too. I think it will be a very good way to share your lovely photography!

Caroline said...

Oh yummmmmmm, I may just have to try making that pie this weekend.

Thank you for bloggin, folks like me love it!

Kate said...

Funny, I've been thinking a lot about why I blog too. It started as a way to record stuff and now its become such a social thing too. Your photos are lovely.

Briony said...

I think your blog was amazing anyway! Your pics are WONDERFUL!! shame you can't vist my blog...i love taking pics too!